Sunday, December 11, 2011

Nanny's Scalloped Corn

Hey, folks!

I have two confessions to make:

First of all, I *know* I promised you my next post would be on making um-nummy pumpkin butter from scratch. I promise, that post is still coming. But, alas, before I had the chance to finish writing that post, I had this really cool opportunity to appear as a guest writer on my dear friend Chelsey's blog, Sharing the Journey. She asked me to write a little for her 25 days of Christmas Traditions series this month. Naturally, my mind went to food. So there's a food post over there I want you see. :) This actually leads me to my next confession...

My second confession is that I was supposed to tell you all about this post first thing this morning when it went up on Chelsey's blog. But I was super-duper busy and I forgot all about it. So please forgive me. And please enjoy my post...even if it is a day late in coming to your attention. Here's a little taste to get you started:

Nanny's Scalloped Corn

Like most self-respecting Southern girls, I hear a phrase like “Christmas tradition” and it conjures up roughly a dozen-and-a-half images of FOOD. The food-centric traditions I grew up with range from cozy (Like our annual Christmas Eve chicken spaghetti dinner) to classy (I remember Mom attempting to implement a “Bourbon Pecan Cheesecake” tradition one year…that idea fell flatter than snow in Dallas).
Okay, so maybe our traditions were more on the cozy side.
Topping my personal list of cozy favorites was a casserole that was tasty (and frugal) enough for me to steal from Mom and Dad’s holiday menu and add to my own (much to my husband’s delight). And that, dear readers, is my Nanny’s Scalloped Corn...

(Read on at Sharing the Journey! While you're there, see how other bloggers are observing the Christmas season with their families. There are some seriously cool ideas over there. Merry Christmas!)


1 comment:

  1. Interesting how those continue, Ashley...Nannie made this part of our family tradition and Jamie passed it on to our kids, who now share it with theirs.

    Great job, here! Keep it up.

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete